Sunday, March 6, 2011

i have been getting so inspired lately by some of my latest craft blog browsing.  i have a lot of projects that have given me ideas for things i can tweak to create something similar, but still my own...    unfortunately, i usually just drag and drop pics into my "ideas" file and lose where they came from, so sorry that i'm pretty much not crediting anyone here.  here are some of the things that are making my mind bubble and brew!
 
i am so loving this shade of green and want to put it somewhere in my house on something!  i just haven't decided where it will end up yet....


i have been trying to figure out what i could put in the big bare space over our bed for quite some time.  i want something long and narrow, but this vinyl on canvas project gave me something to toss around in my mind.  not sure paul would go for the flowers... maybe trees?  or if i really want him to like it, steak.


i think i've clearly expressed that i have no love for things that look like baby items... and i just really can't get excited about carrying around a big pastel diaper bag with bears on it.  sorry if you have one of those, it's a personal problem.  i think it comes from my deep seeded fear that i will lose my identity and get sucked completely into mommyhood.  i am sure that if i can just have an awesome bag, that won't happen, right?!  so i'm gonna try to make a diaper bag that is similar in shape to the one below....


ok, i'm not kitschy....  there are more things i don't like about this picture than i do.  however, i like something about the tags with the letters on a clothesline.  so i'm thinking this might inspire me to make something someday that has elements of this involved....  but not with a big bow on top.


i have loved this doily clock for so long... i have watched it and tried to figure out ways to make my own for months.  i saw it on etsy but it's more than i can justify paying, but i have the perfect spot for it.  so low and behold, i found plastic doilies (that are even awesomer than this one) on ebay and have placed my bid.  maybe soon i'll have my own, partly handmade, doily clock.  sorry etsy seller, i really do love your idea.

what's inspiring you lately?

2 comments:

  1. Haha! How are we friends when we are so different?

    The diaper bag is SO cute!

    You could include some of that green in your vinyl art, and then put the vinyl art and the green table in your entry way. I know you said you liked the vinyl art for above your bed though.

    You could do the 12 square art for over your bed like I had. You could just use papers that matched your room. It was super easy- start to hung in 45 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean you don't like fru-fru pastel diaper bags with bears on them?! Maybe that's why we have a plain black messenger bag. :) I do have to say that I love the one you posted.

    ReplyDelete