Sunday, January 30, 2011

i posted a few weeks ago about these super cute chalkboards that i found on etsy:


i have been dying to buy or make one since i saw it, so when i was garage sale shopping a couple weeks ago, i knew just what i could do with these that i got for $1 each:

i picked up some chalkboard paint and acrylic paint, and now i have little chalkboards of my own.  
i just painted over those palm trees with two coats of chalkboard paint, then taped it off to paint the frame my favorite color.  i have another one i'm finishing with a yellow border.
i haven't decided if i'm going to add a permanent message on it or not, i'm waiting for some inspiration to decide.  i have paint pens waiting if i decide to...
   


what do you think?



3 comments:

  1. Dude! Did you see mine that I made? It looks almost exactly the same! So of course I think yours is awesome. I like your chalkboard paint better, though. Mine is more gray than black but that is what they had at Home Depot.

    SO cute! You can take pictures with the baby in front of it with the months of how old she is and do so much other fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS You can buy chalk pens at JoAnns or Michaels. They are just like paint pens, but then you can wipe them off with water. WAY better than chalk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm going to try find the materials to make my own

    ReplyDelete